You must notify the Fire Chief if you are planning to have a fire during the Fire Season April 1 - October 31.
Fire services in Township of South Algonquin are provided by Volunteer Firefighters who are managed by a Volunteer Fire Chief.
The Municipality operates two fire halls:
- 31 Hay Creek Road, Whitney
- 26B Major Lake Road, Madawaska
Whitney Fire Department
Fire Chief | John Stubbs
Madawaska Fire Department
Fire Chief | Aurel Thom
The Township of South Algonquin is serviced by Killaloe OPP. In an emergency please call: 911
Emergency Management Coordinator | Brian Ackney
Please contact Hydro One for updated information with regard to restoration of service.
Fire Department & Emergency Services Documents
- Public Emergency Reporting Services2016-11-02
- Voice Over Internet Protocol2016-11-02
- 9-1-1 Frequently Asked Qustions2016-11-02
- 9-1-1 Tips for Cell Phone Users2016-11-02
- Seniors: How to be prepared for an emergency2016-10-04
- Municipal Emergency Response Plan2016-09-09
- Prescribing the Time for Setting Fires2016-04-19
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms Laws2016-04-19
- Emergency Preparedness Guide2016-04-13